LAUNCH POINT KANIN – KANINSKE LEGENDE
Access to the launch point is possible with a cable car directly from Bovec. The starting point is arranged on the ski track above the C station of the cable car at altitude of 1717m (GPS N 46 ° 21'14.55 '' E 13º29'19.99 ''). Due to the rocky base, a suitable base is arranged.
LANDING POINT BOVEC - BREG
The landing point is located on the left side of the road from Bovec towards the crossroads of Predel / Trenta at the altitudeof 460m (GPS N 46 ° 20'26.33 '' E13 ° 34'08.61 '')
WARNING: In the summer afternoon, and with a stronger southwest, the danger of strong anabatic winds can occur! There is an airport nearby.
PILOTS PARAGLIDERS for tandem - IMPORTANT
All activietis such as flying instruction, tandem flying, competitions, gatherings and other commercial acvities must be coordinated with the paragliding club JPD KANIN. For further information, flight announcements, complaints and any other questions we are available at the e-mail: email@example.com
Flying rules in Slovenija( extract from slovenian civil aviation agency)
- LEVEL 4 IPP CARD REQUIRED FOR LOCAL UNSUPERVISED FLYING AND LEVEL 5 FOR XC FLYING.
- PILOT WITH NO IPP CARD OR STAGE UNDER 4 CAN FLY ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF AN INSTRUCTOR.
- NO COMMERCIAL TANDEM FLYING IS PERMITTED IN SLOVENIA UNLESS SPECIAL PERMIT IS ISSUED BY GOVERMENT BODY.
- SPECIAL AUTHORIZATION IS REQIURED FOR FOREIGN PARAGLIDING INSTRUCTORS WHO INTEND TO PERFORM FLIGHT TRAINING ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE SLOVENIAN TERRITORY.
- COMPETITIONS IS ALLOWED ONLY WITH AGREEMENT WITH THE LOCAL CLUB.
All activities take place at one's own risk.
Text and photo: Tomaž Cingerle